KAN Management Services
Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
Our West Kelowna client is looking for an efficient Payroll Administrator to join their busy and productive team. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for all payroll processes and for assisting in multiple activities relating to the company’s payroll functions.
If you are organized, a self-starter, have great attention to detail and work as part of a team than this might be the right position for you. To be successful in this Payroll Administrator position you should be efficient in payroll practices and be able to multitask effectively.
• Providing information and answering employee questions about payroll related matters
• Preparing regular source deductions and remittances
• Preparing ROE’s, WorkSafeBC reports, and T4’s
• Maintaining earnings, deductions, accrual records
• Maintaining Benefits, Vacation and Payroll account reconciliations
• Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions
• Maintaining employee records
• Coordinating with the HR department to ensure correct employee data
• Providing administrative assistance to the accounting department
• Create new data files for new employees and submit hiring paperwork into the system to set up a payroll account
• Enter information into the payroll system about employee taxes, exemptions, transfers, firings and resignations as details change
• Respond to any errors in payroll by reviewing past records and making any wage corrections or adjustments when necessary
• Track employee absences through the payroll software system and record details about personal days, sick leave, and extended leaves of absence
• Assist accounting department with any accounting tasks required
• Recognized payroll certification (PCP or CPM)
• Accounting and/or Business Administration
• Excellent communication, time management, organization, detail and accuracy skills
• Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting preferred
• 3+ years of experience working in a payroll office
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll software programs
• Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations
• Able to prioritize and multitask effectively
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume with salary expectations.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed will be contacted.