KAN Management Services
Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
Our Kelowna client is currently looking to hire a Controller to join their successful team. This is an exciting role as it has been newly created and it’s a great opportunity for someone who wants to step into a brand new role and add their own flair and experience. They are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
• Ensure the timely preparation and accurate full-cycle accounting, including monthly journal entries, financial statement package, reconciliations and required reporting.
• Responsible for the general ledger, Accounts Payable and Revenue recognition
• Process timely and accurate deposits and issuing of cheques to vendors, clients, and insurance companies
• Prepare/review monthly internal financial statements and reporting, including variance analysis
• Responsible for bimonthly printing and distributing production reports, accounts receivable reports, and customer statements
• Responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing for a group of 30 salaried employees
• Responsible for year-end and month-end management
• Responsible for cash-flow management, including budgeting, forecasting and reports on working capital
• Supporting smaller branch offices and their accounting function
• Develop a performance dashboard to support sound management decision making
• Initiate streamlining and automating accounting processes, and setting up a paperless system
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in accounting/finance
• CPA designation required
• Advanced understanding of accounting principles and keep up to date with new principles
• Experience with full payroll cycle: processing bi-weekly payroll, month-end and year-end reconciliation, benefits reconciliation, issuing T4s and other payroll reports
• Strong numerical proficiency, attention to details, and proven multitasking and time management skills
• Strong problem solving and investigative skills & excellent use of logic
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office particularly Excel.
• Love challenges in learning and growing and finding smarter ways to make sure the jobs well done
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume with salary expectations.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed will be contacted.