KAN Management Services
Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
Our West Kelowna client, a leader in their industry is recruiting an experienced Construction Project Manager to add to their dynamic and motivated team. This role will be responsible for both Estimating and Project Manager duties and will oversee the management of assigned projects and the day-to-day project requests while guaranteeing a safe working environment.
- Provide leadership, training and direction to assigned Site Supervisor and subcontractors as appropriate.
- Provide punctual reporting for both internal and client specified reports.
- Responsible for all aspects of the bidding process, including take offs, solicitation of trades regarding bid invitations, pricing, addenda, and tender/bid closings.
- Develop detailed knowledge and documentation of market labor and equipment rates in various operational territories.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current and accurate information on prices from suppliers
- Conduct quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security Requirements
- Analyze plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review.
- Apply knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Evaluate and present the presentation of estimate proposals.
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the management team, clients and industry contacts; contacts and develops business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing.
- Maintain safety standards in all aspects of each project
- Ensure the successful completion of the project, its profitability, and for retaining the owner as a continuing client.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Review tenders and summarize risks to senior management .
- Monitor/control construction progress through administrative direction of on-site project personnel to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Assist with reviews and negotiates contracts; liaises with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with the management / ownership team
- Develop, recommend and implement the project plan after the project is awarded
- Select subcontractors for projects
- Monitor and control progress, costs and budgets throughout the project
- Advise the management team on project status and results in a timely fashion
- Resolve disputes between the Company and owner, or Company and subcontractors when possible prior to involving other members of the ownership group or senior management team
- Identify required and optional changes in project scope; negotiates change orders.
- Ensure that project staff understands the Company’s operating policies and practices, and applies these policies appropriately.
- Must be able to work with sister company to fulfill the tasks required in the best interest of both companies.
- Must have 2-5 years' project management and estimating experience in the construction industry preferably in land development / site infrastructure and home construction
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential (an asset)
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating or Engineering is required
- Technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Understanding of construction documents, contract language, legal Requirements
- and the ability to assist construction document review.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office, Sage estimating, Procore, excel, Bluebeam, Planswift
- An understanding of construction costs and documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness and develop a project schedule
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure, problem solve and work in a team environment and while promoting teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume with salary expectations.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed will be contacted.