KAN Management Services
Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
Our Kelowna client, experts in the industry, are looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join their support team. The ideal candidate will have corporate/commercial experience, is highly organized, detail-oriented, and has the ability to multi-task & prioritize.
- Opening client files and maintaining files as per department procedures
- Prepare/draft all necessary transactional documentation and correspondence based on written instruction or verbal direction
- Draft Asset Purchase agreements, and Share Purchase Agreements
- Preparation & editing documents for various correspondence, reports, and billings
- Obtaining due diligence materials, such as corporate certificates of good standing, etc
- Assisting lawyers with corporate services such as business and society registrations, annual report filings, minute book maintenance, and commercial services such as preparation of documents for mergers, share and asset purchases and sales, and corporate restructuring.
- Manage assigned files and their related tasks, including opening files, organizing and managing documents, updating binders and filing
- Prepare and submit Land Title Office forms
- Conduct various BC Online searches
- Prepare drafts of various Supreme Court Civil Rules forms,
- Draft small claims materials
- Assemble necessary documents for Court filings, such as application records, hearing records and trial records
- Filing incorporations and preparing minute books
- Maintaining Corporate Records and filing Annual Reports
- Drafting various corporate documents
- Communicating with clients, lawyers, accountants, and other professionals
- Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate/Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience as LA
- General understanding of corporate and commercial transactions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over tasks and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes and make effective decisions
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities and achieve solutions under deadlines
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume with salary expectations.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed will be contacted.