KAN Management Services
Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
Our West Kelowna client is a construction development company that prides themselves on quality workmanship and an exemplary safety record. They are in search of a heavy equipment operator with experience in operating an Excavator and being a Civil Works Foreman to join their hard working, productive and dynamic team.
Previous construction and site preparation projects experience is required and this person will be responsible for excavating at a new development site. This job will be performed while operating heavy equipment (excavator) as well as will be responsible for supervising a team of 3-4 people. The Foreman ensures that the crew complies with site rules and regulations while monitoring their work quality.
• Contact surveyors for pinning of excavation
• Excavate and set heights for foundation excavation
• Compaction of grade
• Schedule compaction test for footings with geotechnical engineer
• Schedule Geo tech report
• Install water and sewer lines into foundation from curb
• Contact surveyors for footing pins
• Install Telus/Shaw conduit in footings
• Connect Telus/Shaw to service boxes and install string
• Install electrical conduit from back of foundation for electrical junction box
• Book foundation dam proofing
• Install perimeter drain, fabric cloth, rain liters, storm, sewer line, radon pipe and ridged insulation around footings
• Take photos of perimeter drain, service connections and backfill and send to WFN
• Schedule Stone Slinger for perimeter drain rock and rock for radon in foundation
• Order material for backfill
• Back fill garage/foundation and compaction
• Install conduit for landscaping waterline at front of curb
• Driveway prep, set grades and order crush
• Landscaping prep
• Inventory and ordering of pipe, glue, retaining wall block, Brook Boxes and dirt material
• Regular maintenance and greasing of equipment
• PO approvals
• Ordering of fuel
• Coordinate machine repairs, ordering of tires/tracks
• Civil emergencies or repairs
• Snow removal (in Winter)
• Road clean up as required
• Read blueprints and construction plans, maintain equipment and manage paperwork.
• Manage project scheduling, daily work requirements, daily paperwork, crew, and contract payment items on an ongoing basis.
• Communicate regularly with Site Superintendents, Project Managers, and General Superintendent when required.
• Pre-schedule for all materials and resources to arrive in advance and manage project scheduling to ensure the timely arrival of all materials, resources, and sub-contractors.
• Accurately complete daily paperwork, QC forms, time sheets, and other applicable paperwork with attention to detail.
• Must be able to operate the following pieces of equipment:
o Cat 325 and John Deere 200 size excavator
o Skid steer
o IT 38 Cat Loader
o Mini excavator
o Class 1 driver’s license for operation of full size gravel truck is not required but preference will be given to an applicant that has it
o 3-5 year’s experience in operating heavy duty equipment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume with salary expectations. We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed will be contacted.