KAN Management Services
Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
Our West Kelowna client, a leader in the construction industry is looking to add a Project Coordinator/Jr. Estimator to their team. This position will administer and organize all types of projects, from simple activities to more complex plans. The Project Coordinator/Jr. Estimator responsibilities include working closely with Project Managers and Sr. Estimator to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. They will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. This position calculates and estimates the expected cost of construction of a given project. Responsible for creating forecasts of how long it will take to complete the project as well as ensuring profitable and competitive bids are presented by coming up with all the cost information needed for construction projects. To succeed in this role, you will have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines. Ultimately, the duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high-quality standards.
· Sourcing and Management of Sub-Trades
· Creating scopes of work
· Receiving quotes & making recommendations on vendors
· Submit quotes to purchasing manager to ensure P.O’s are issued
· Having contractor prequels completed and submitted to senior mgmt. for approval
· Creating site schedules and managing them during the project duration
· Site supervision as required over various sites.
· Delivering the homes to the new homeowners
· Occupancy walk throughs, managing deficiencies
· Administrative computer maintenance and management
· Member of our plant process improvement team.
· Member of our joint health and safety committee, representing the on-site set up crews
· Building permit submissions & inspections
· Go to person when a job absolutely must get done.
· Review & interrupt proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and ensure appropriate costs are captured
· Ability to review addenda’s and make corrections or suggestion where/where required
· Receive tender documents and create cost analysis estimate that includes all material, labor, freight, etc.
· Identify & resolve discrepancies and procure competitive bids for good and services as required for various projects
· Close tenders in conjunction with the sales department
· Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents to determine entire scope of work
· Establish the estimated completion rate and provide detailed updates
· Receive and review all addenda and ensure that resultant costs are included in the estimate
· Negotiate with trade contractors prior to trade contractor award, to achieve cost savings
· Prepare and document cost and work completion estimates for projects
· Provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth
· Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
· Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Communicates with trade partners and team member regarding new and current projects
· Prepares estimates and purchase orders
· And other duties as required.
· Degree in construction management, architecture, PMP or related field and asset
· Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
· Over 3+ years of Project Management experience in Construction industry is a required
Entrepreneurial vision is required for this role
· Competent in conflict and crisis management
Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
· Critical thinker and problem solving abilities
· Understanding of all facets of the construction process
· Familiarity with construction management & scheduling software package, Sage is an asset
· Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
· Excellent time and project management skills
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume with salary expectations.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed will be contacted.